This is course teaches basic communication in Spanish within a business context. It is ideal for professionals or others who have little to no training in the Spanish language and want to interact with Spanish-speaking employees or patrons in the workplace.
Emphasis is placed on oral communication and specific vocabulary. Written and oral practice are provided to exercise the ability to find and communicate information of everyday transactions.
You'll learn how to:
- Become proficient in workplace Spanish vocabulary
- Demonstrate an ability to engage in simple business in Spanish
- Increase active vocabulary by practicing conversation with authentic materials
- Improve listening skills to become more proficient in understanding Spanish
- Understand basic questions and requests in Spanish
- Identify key grammatical structures to improve reading and speaking strategies in Spanish
- Develop your next level skill by translating sentences and short texts or forms from English to Spanish and Spanish to English
- Improve cultural communication skills
- Be able to ask and in-take information to fill out documents pertaining to business
Please check back for 2021 dates.
Instructed remotely using Zoom technology (Instructions provided prior to start of program)
For questions or if session is full: