Due to rapidly evolving COVID-19 conditions around the country and in Pennsylvania, effective immediately, Penn State is requiring all students, faculty, staff and visitors — including those who are vaccinated and unvaccinated — to wear masks indoors at all campuses.
Ready to find your fit at Penn State Hazleton? Our Admissions Office hosts a variety of events for prospective students and their families to learn more about the Penn State Hazleton experience. Sign up for a virtual admissions event, plan a personal virtual visit or schedule a group information session by registering below.
In addition to the events listed below, the Office of Admissions is available for one-on-one personal virtual appointments. Prospective students and families can register for a personal virtual visit or contact us for additional information. We look forward to meeting you!
Penn State Day Open House
Saturday, Oct. 9 from 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Penn State Hazleton is excited to welcome visitors for our first on-campus open house of the year! Penn State Day is an event for prospective high school students or students looking to transfer from another institution who are interested in learning more about Penn State and the application process. Your visit will include an information session presented by an admissions counselor, opportunities to speak with current students, staff and faculty members, and a walking tour of campus. We look forward to showing you all that Penn State Hazleton has to offer as you explore your college options. See you on campus soon!
- Reservations are required for these sessions and they tend to fill quickly, so make your plans and register now.
We're committed to making the transition to Penn State Hazleton as easy as possible for you. Our team is here to guide you through all the steps of the application process, including important dates and details.
Interested in taking a closer look at what we have to offer? Tune in to our upcoming virtual visits for information on transferring credits, academic programs, financial aid and more. We'll even evaluate your transcript.
Stop by our Transfer Student page to discover more about transferring to Penn State Hazleton.
- Pre-registration is required, and participants must agree to follow all safety protocols as required by Penn State.
- You must complete a Campus Visit Acknowledgement form and bring it with you on the day of your visit. For registrants under the age of 18, the form must be signed by the parent/guardian who will accompany you.
- All visitors, students, and staff are required to wear a face mask that covers the mouth and nose and to maintain social distancing while on campus. If you or anyone in your party are unable to wear a face mask, we are happy to accommodate you at a virtual visit.
- Any student under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. All guests must be listed on the registration form. No more than two guests may accompany the student.
- If you or anyone in your party becomes ill, you must call our office at 570-450-3142 to cancel your visit. We will be happy to reschedule it for a later date.
- Penn State may postpone or cancel your visit for any reason for the safety of our guests, students, and staff. You will be notified if your visit is canceled.
We are pleased to offer limited on-campus visits at our scenic campus every weekday and on select Saturdays.
We want to ensure you get the most out of your visit, so Penn State Hazleton has several types of visits for you to select from:
These daily appointments running from Monday through Friday will include meeting with an admissions staff member and taking a tour of campus.
Preparing for Your Visit
- When you arrive on campus: Please follow the signs to Lot D and park in or near the Visitor Parking spaces. Parking is free and a permit is not required. Check in at the Admissions Office in Schiavo Hall, located by the Nittany Lion shrine.
- Canceling your visit: You may cancel or reschedule your visit online by clicking on the Edit my Registration button at the bottom of your confirmation email. If your event is within 24 hours, please call our office at 570-450-3142 to cancel or reschedule.
Virtual Personal Visits
You have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with your admissions counselor directly from the comfort of your own home. Discover everything Penn State and Penn State Hazleton have to offer with topics ranging from academic programs to financial aid to getting involved. You and your family have questions and our team is here to help you every step of the way.