The Penn State Hazleton Student Care and Advocacy team is a small group of professionals from various departments who work to support the diverse needs of the Penn State Hazleton students.
The team strives to ensure the safety, well-being and success of each student at Penn State Hazleton by providing them with a support network and easy access to existing campus resources.
The Student Care and Advocacy team has been created to:
- serve as a central point of communication regarding student concerns from other students, staff, and faculty in order to connect seemingly disparate concerns
- review and document reports regarding student concerns
- coordinate support efforts to students and families in times of crisis and emergencies
- advocate for students who find themselves in difficult situations and need assistance navigating the University
- develop action plans for connecting students to the appropriate campus and local resources
- evaluate the campus’s efforts to support and retain students who experience difficulty during their college experience.
Creating a Report
Faculty, staff, students and family members are all able to make reports using the Student Care and Advocacy form.
Student Care and Advocacy is composed of the following campus partners who provide resources for students in various capacities and work together to create a network of support for students. For more information, please contact: