HAZLETON, Pa. — Six Penn State Hazleton faculty members have received academic promotions effective July 1, Chancellor Gary M. Lawler announced.
"Penn State Hazleton takes great pride in the educational experience provided by our faculty of award-winning educators and scholars,” Lawler said. “These promotions earned by Barbara, Daniel, Garrett, Valerie, Lori and Amie reflect their commitment to teaching, to learning and to their disciplines. We congratulate each of them and their families on this well-deserved honor.”
Elizabeth J. Wright, associate dean for academic affairs for Commonwealth Campuses and director of academic affairs at Penn State Hazleton, added, “Barbara, Daniel, Garrett, Valerie, Lori and Amie have achieved high levels of excellence in the classroom and in the individualized attention they provide to students. We are proud of their work and grateful for their continued efforts to transform the lives of Penn State Hazleton students.”
The following faculty members earned promotions:
- Barbara Brazon was promoted to associate teaching professor of information sciences and technology.
- Daniel Gutierrez was promoted to assistant teaching professor of administration of justice.
- Garrett Huck was promoted to associate professor of rehabilitation and human services.
- Valerie Lynn was promoted to librarian.
- Lori Elias Reno was promoted to assistant teaching professor of business.
- Amie Yenser was promoted to associate teaching professor of biology.