The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (IT) degree was developed to provide graduates with the skills and knowledge to meet modern and future challenges in the field.
Students who major in IT develop an understanding of core information technologies and prepare for the practical application of these frameworks within all types of businesses and organizations.
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree program at Penn State Hazleton is structured for students to gain the technical and theoretical skillsets needed to apply information technology to solve problems in a global context.
The degree features an emphasis on teaching students to apply core information technologies practically while sharpening their critical thinking and teamworking skills.
Two specialization options are offered at Penn State Hazleton to allow students to explore the IT field in more depth while applying skills that meet their interests and the needs of regional and national employers:
- Business applications: Prepares students to pursue careers in information technology using business organizational problems with an emphasis on the systems processes and business operations integration.
- Custom: Provides students the opportunity to pursue an approved information technology interdisciplinary or exploratory program of study.
View the Suggested Academic Plans for more details.
Information Technology may be the right program for you, if...
- You enjoy technology and working with others to build solutions.
- You want to create high-tech solutions to organizational and societal challenges.
- You are interested in application development and programming.
- You are interested in improving computer systems and enhancing their safety for individuals and corporations.
- You want to leverage current and emerging technologies to improve business processes.