UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – Thirteen Penn State College of Engineering faculty members have been selected for promotions, effective July 1, 2018.
To be considered for tenure or promotion, a faculty member should have demonstrated accomplishments in the areas of: (1) scholarship of teaching and learning; (2) scholarship of research and creative accomplishments; and (3) service and the scholarship of service to the University, society, and the profession.
Promotion to the rank of associate professor is based upon both actual performance and potential for continued growth and development. In addition to being promoted to associate professor, the following nine faculty members were approved for tenure:
- Vikash V. Gayah, civil engineering;
- Chris Giebink, electrical engineering;
- Brian Maicke, Penn State Harrisburg-The Capital College, mechanical engineering;
- Paul Medvedev, computer science and engineering;
- Alfonso Mejia, civil engineering;
- Chetan Nikhare, Penn State Erie-The Behrend College, mechanical engineering;
- Joseph A. Ranalli, Penn State Hazleton, engineering;
- Alicyn Rhoades, Penn State Erie-The Behrend College, engineering; and
- Michelle C. Vigeant, acoustics and architectural engineering
For promotion to professor, a faculty member should be recognized by professional peers as an authority or leader in a major area of professional activity. The individual’s record of performance and external letters of assessment should clearly demonstrate important and recognized contributions. Those selected for promotion to professor are: