Those with campus emergencies should call 911

For the safety of the Penn State Hazleton community, the following changes have been made in how someone should contact University Police:

In case of an emergency, call 911. This has always been the preferred method for medical and fire, but would now also include any instance where an individual living off campus would normally call the police. Emergencies include a medical emergency, fire, disruptive or disorderly behavior, violence or threats of violence, stalking and sexual assault.

In a nonemergency context, call Police Services at 570-450-3333. If an officer is unable to take the call, leave a voicemail and an officer will respond to your message as soon as possible. These situations may be urgent or time-sensitive for you, but may not constitute a police emergency.