Penn State simplifies process for submitting immunization information

UNVERSITY PARK, Pa. – University Health Services, a unit of Penn State Student Affairs, updated the submission process for student immunization information. The new two-step process provides a streamlined approach to submitting required immunization documents.

Students can download and print the Penn State Immunization Verification Form online via the University Health Services website, and take a copy to their health care provider for completion. Once completed, images of the form must be uploaded to University Health Services’ myUHS portal for final review and approval.

It is important to note that while the process for collecting immunization information has been updated, Penn State’s immunization requirements have not changed.

Penn State requires that all incoming undergraduate and graduate students be immunized against measles, mumps and rubella. In addition, all students living in University housing must receive the meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4), which protects against infections caused by serogroups A, C, W and Y.

Immunizations offer safe and effective protection from vaccine-preventable diseases. Meningococcal disease is a bacterial infection that peaks among adolescents and young adults aged 16 through 21 years; first-year college students living in residence halls and shared housing are at higher risk for meningococcal disease than other students.

In addition to the required immunizations, Penn State also strongly recommends that students receive the following vaccines: serogroup B meningococcal, varicella (chicken pox), tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis (Tdap), hepatitis B, hepatitis A, human papillomavirus (HPV) and pneumococcal (for students with certain medical risk factors) and an annual flu vaccine.

It is the goal of Penn State to provide a safe, secure and healthy learning environment to all students. Incoming students must submit the Penn State Immunization Verification Form to provide record of their immunization information prior to their arrival at the University. Those who need to receive any of the aforementioned immunizations may schedule an appointment with the health center at Penn State Hazleton, a health care provider in their local community or University Health Services at University Park.

Immunization requirements are applicable to all incoming undergraduate and graduate students at University Park and all Penn State Commonwealth Campuses.

To obtain additional information on immunization requirements, waiver forms and submission instructions please visit University Health Services website,