UPDATE: As of 8:55 a.m., Saturday, January 30, the water line repair is complete and water service has been restored to all affected buildings.
Brunch will be served as usual in the Highacres Café.
Starting at 6 a.m. on Saturday, January 30, a water line behind the residence halls will be repaired. The water supply to all three residence halls (North, South and West) and the dining hall (Highacres Café) will be turned off until repairs are completed.
The repair is expected to take no more than six hours.
This project affects only the lower part of the campus, not the upper campus where academic buildings, the library and physical education building are located.
Resident Assistants (R.A.s) have informed on-campus students about the project. Residence Life staff and R.A.s will be on duty during the repair and will receive updates to share with students.
Plans in place to meet the needs of resident students include:
- free bottled water for students to brush their teeth and to drink
- shower facilities in the Physical Education Building starting at 8 a.m.
- portable toilets located behind South Hall and in West Hall parking lot.
To feed residential students:
- breakfast will be served in Higher Grounds Coffee Shop in Butler from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- the Highacres Café, the campus dining hall, will reopen for dinner at 4 p.m.
Please direct any questions to [email protected] or call 570-450-3120.
This page will be updated as information becomes available.
Campus social media platforms will also be used to keep students informed of the project.
See Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pennstatehazleton