Criminal Justice Overview
- The Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice emphasizes proficiency in a foreign language while providing a broadly based liberal arts background for the study of crime, justice and the criminal justice system.
- The Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice allows you to select four related courses that reflect your specific area of interest and offers an opportunity for educational enrichment in fields not traditionally considered part of the liberal arts.
Either degree is excellent preparation for a career in criminal justice, graduate, or professional study, or informed citizenship.
Careers in Criminal Justice
Potential careers available to graduates of this program could include:
- U.S. Secret Service
- U.S. Marshal's Office
- U.S. Immigration Office
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Pennsylvania State Police
- Sheriff's offices
- Municipal and state police departments
- Security and loss prevention programs
- Private security firms
- Border and highway patrol
- Prison security
- Court administration
- Delinquency prevention programs
- Youth shelters and other juvenile residential institutions
- Women's shelters
- Animal welfare organizations
- Drug and alcohol recovery programs
- Code enforcement