As an adult learner at Penn State Hazleton, you'll have unlimited potential. You can:
- Get professional guidance and support all along the way
- Select from more than 200 noncredit, credit certificates, and degree programs
- Take advantage of a variety of scheduling options, including enrolling part- or full-time in day and/or evening classes; completing a program at your workplace or studying at home through correspondence or courses via Penn State World Campus
- Interact with a diverse community of students, faculty and staff
- Accumulate college credits that are transferable to other learning institutions
- Earn a certificate or degree that is respected worldwide
Thinking about returning to the classroom?
Adult learners often enter the college environment anxious and uncertain about their ability to succeed and compete successfully with more traditional students. However, current research shows that adult students are typically more successful than younger students because of their maturity and the experience that they bring to the classroom. Adults are likely to exhibit high levels of motivation, more specific occupational goals and an uncompromising desire to get the most education possible for their money. Penn State provides a variety of services and activities to help all students succeed in their college experience.