Penn State knows that access to higher education and the ability to pay for tuition are two of the biggest factors that determine whether a high school student will earn a college degree and will graduate on time.
The Pathway to Success: Summer Start (PaSSS) program at Penn State Hazleton will provide you with tools and resources to increase the likelihood that you will graduate and earn your Penn State degree on time, potentially saving thousands of dollars in tuition and fees.
An invitation-only program, Pathway to Success: Summer Start (PaSSS) begins during the summer prior to the first year at Penn State. Class dates for summer 2022 are Wednesday, June 29 through through Friday, August 12, 2022. Participants who successfully complete their first full year at Penn State Hazleton will be eligible to continue the program and create an engagement plan in the second summer (Summer 2023).
For the summer 2022 program, students will participate in an in-person experience. Students will work collaboratively with their fellow classmates and continue throughout the year as a collective cohort.
While in the PaSSS program, students will:
- Take six credits (two assigned courses) during the first summer and three to 12 credits (up to four student-selected courses) during the second and/or third summers at Penn State.
- Receive up to a $2,000 scholarship for the first summer and may apply for financial aid to obtain additional funding. After their first summer, you may be eligible to continue the PaSSS program and earn additional scholarship through engagement opportunities.
- Connect with other new students in your cohort to forge new friendships.
- Become acquainted with campus and university recourses.
- Develop an engagement plan and get involved outside of the classroom.
- Participate in the Summer English and Math Academies to enhance your academic career.
- Be paired with a peer mentor who will assist with the transition to college