A gig is short-term project that can be completed anywhere from 5-20 hours. Gigs can also serve as stepping stones for students or organizations interested in completing or hosting an internship in the future.
Areas that lend well to these types of opportunities include business development, operations, finance, marketing, graphic design, social media, proposals or technical writing, data mining or research, to name a few.
Here's how it works:
1. Register your organization on Nittany Lion Careers.
2. Post your gig experience as you would any other job posting.
- Under position type, select "Contract/Gig experience"
- When typing your job title, include "Gig" after the title
- At the top of your job description, include the job title, gig hours and deadline for completion.
3. After posting your gig and receiving approval, pick your best candidate and reach out to share the details of your project to get started!
Note: Due to their short time frame, gigs cannot be used for internship requirements and must be listed by your organization as "unpaid."