The Interview Coach program provides valuable experience for students through mock interviews in multiple settings with volunteers from a variety of professional backgrounds.
Offered in one-on-one or group, interviews will be conducted virtually or by phone (Face-to-face interviews will be added at a later date). Students can choose whether the interviews are general in nature or specific to a program or major at Penn State.
Students should fill out this form to request a mock interview.
Volunteer as a Coach
Volunteers are being sought as interview coaches in the following backgrounds:
- Business (management, marketing, accounting)
- Corporate communication
- Criminal justice
- Foreign language
- Health policy administration
- Information sciences and technology
- Media studies
- Physical and social science
- Project and supply chain management
- Rehabilitation and human services
- Medical laboratory technology
- Physical therapy
Volunteers may include professionals and employers, as well as current or retired Penn State Hazleton staff, faculty, administrators and alumni.
After the interview, coaches should provide students with immediate feedback and follow up with any additional notes or suggestions. Helpful resources, including a guide of best practices, sample interview questions and feedback forms, will be provided to all coaches prior to their interviews.
- Please fill out this form to volunteer.