About the Student Government Association
Penn State Hazleton Student Government Association is composed of four elected officers, plus advanced standing and freshman representatives. Its office is in the lower level of the Butler Teaching and Learning Center. Students participating in SGA prepare for their roles as citizens in the community, while developing a sense of responsibility and concern for the welfare of other students and the student community.Regular meetings are held to carry out the responsibilities of:
- initiating all legislation concerning the welfare of the student body,
- supporting the functions and activities of the student body,
- vesting authority to student organizations,
- investigating any appeal made to it by any student concerning problems of general student welfare or well-being,
- assuming financial responsibility for SGA funds,
- and reviewing the financial records of all registered student organizations.
SGA strives to create, maintain, and regulate beneficial customs and traditions at the Hazleton campus.
Since the Student Government Association acts as a liaison among the students, faculty, and administration, it is important for all campus community members to acquaint themselves with the policies of SGA and how they affect the organizations to which they belong.
Hazleton SGA Officers for 2012/2013
President: Megan McGee, Email: email@example.com
Vice-President: Casey Petty, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretaries: Hien Mai, Email: email@example.com
Carina Pena, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurers: Kenneth Couto, Email: email@example.com
Corrin Carroll, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Senate: Raymond Rossi, Email: email@example.com
- Student Activities