The Penn State id+ Card is the official University identification card. It provides easy access to Penn State resources and packs a wealth of innovative technologies into one powerful and convenient card.
Students can use their id+ card for:
- Photo identification
- Library services
- Entrance to campus buildings
- Fitness facilities and labs
- Admittance to University events
- A-La Board meal plan spending
- LionCash+ spending
Discover LionCash+ the safe and easy way to make purchases using your Penn State id+ card. LionCash+ is an online, prepaid flexible spending account accessed by your Penn State id+ card. Deposit money into your account, and you will enjoy the convenience of being able to make purchases at participating on and off campus locations without having cash in your pocket. It is like having exact change all the time. The amount of your purchase will be deducted from your account and your remaining balance will be instantly displayed. LionCash+ is accepted for food purchases on campus. It is also used by a few local vendors near the campus. LionCash+ allows you to make these purchases with just the swipe of your id+ card.
Activate a LionCash+ Account
Getting started is easy and free. There are no forms to fill out or fees to pay to participate; simply activate your account with an initial deposit at one of the following locations:
- Online with a Visa or MasterCard using id+Online, transactions are processed in real time.
- In person with cash or check at the cash register in Higher Grounds or the Highacres Café.
Activation signifies agreement with the terms and conditions of the cardholder disclosure.
- Student Services Information