Explore your options to complete a
Bachelor of Science in Business degree
Learn more about the opportunities available to you to complete an undergraduate degree in an accelerated format. Additional degree completion options including day/evening, online and blended learning.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call 570-450-3136.
About the program
Penn State Hazleton offers you a way to earn your bachelor's degree in business in a 20-month accelerated Saturday format.
The Bachelor of Science in Business (BSB) program differs from many traditional programs in that it is based on a "systems thinking" and study approach that prepares you not as a specialist in one functional area of business, but as a work force participant equipped with multi-faceted skills applicable to any number of business areas and situations. The curriculum focuses on management and marketing emphasizing leadership, ethics, and strategic thinking across all classes. Our program stresses interpersonal and technical communications skills, collaborative student-centered learning, and a high degree of faculty-student interaction.
This program is ideal for the person who wants a business degree from an internationally recognized university without taking time off work during the week.
It is designed for working adults ...
- who have partial four-year degree completion or associate degree
- who may have degrees in other fields and would benefit from a business degree
- who may work for a company with education reimbursement
- who will benefit and advance in their career with a bachelor's degree in business.
Key features and benefits
- Accelerated 20-month program with two business courses offered every seven weeks on Saturdays
- All 60+ credits in business offered on Saturday
- Delivered in a highly interactive manner, allowing adult learners to bring real world experiences to the classroom
- The Saturday face-to-face course meetings are paired with online instruction for optimal convenience and to complete necessary instruction
- Each year a student cohort is admitted to the program
- Modern, state-of-the-art classroom facilities at Penn State Hazleton
- Financial aid available
- Faculty are academically and professionally qualified
- Faculty adviser for each student
- Convenient location
- Accelerated Business degree completion in under two years
- Convenient Saturday class schedule avoids work conflict
- Study groups enable students to prepare for projects and exams as a team
- Employer-based reimbursement programs may result in reimbursed tuition for many students
- The end result? A Bachelor of Science in Business degree from an internationally recognized university.
An associate degree (or courses completed towards) with a minimum GPA requirement of 2.5 (students with 2.00-2.49 GPA will be eligible for review). Pre-requisite courses, equivalent to Penn State courses, preferred prior to entry into program include micro or macro economics, completion of the English composition/writing requirement, preferably with the second course in business writing, college algebra, and statistics. All students need to complete a minimum of 120 credit hours for bachelor’s degree and must fulfill general education requirements.
* Please consult with your assigned academic adviser at your campus regarding the 120-credit degree requirements, scheduling, and your course selection.
For additional information or to schedule an appointment, call the Continuing Education Office at 570-450-3136.
- Continuing Education
- Credit Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Noncredit Certificate Programs
- Adult Programs
- Youth Programs
- Professional Development
- Course Schedule
- Practical Nursing
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science Degree in Business
- About Us
- Request Information
- Contact Continuing Education
- Saturday Accelerated BS in Business Degree Program