All- Alumni Reunion held Saturday, October 5 and Sunday, October 6, 2013!
The alumni reunion and brunch was a great success! Activities included:
- Alumni Brunch and program on Saturday, October 5, starting at 10:00 a.m.
- Tours of the campus to check out all that is new and innovative were given immediately following the brunch, courtesy of our Lion Ambassadors.
- We continued in the Penn State spirit by co-hosting an on-campus tailgate in the afternoon on Saturday, October 5, with kick-off at 12:00 noon.
- Visitors enjoyed our special three-day exhibit of the work of Yankel Ginzburg in the Atrium Gallery of the Evelyn Graham Academic Building. Items from the campuses permanent display and more were on special exhibit during the entire weekend.
- The campus THON committee provided another opportunity for the Nittany Nation to come together on Sunday, October 6 when they sponsored a benefit golf tournament at Sand Springs Country Club in Drums PA, just a short drive from the campus.
- Creamery Ice Cream orders were taken by the Student Affairs office for seven flavors of half-gallons to be picked up at the Highacres Cafe as alumni left the campus for home!
- Orders for a polo or t-shirt, complete with embroidered logo and "alumni", were taken in advance of the event.
Annual dinner and meeting July 9 a great success!
The Greater Hazleton Chapter's 2013 Annual Dinner was held on Tuesday, July 9 at Sand Springs Country Club in Drums, PA . Celebrations at Sand Springs was filled with Penn State alumni and friends from around the region. They enjoyed the address given by featured speaker Matt McGloin '12, and even more appreciated the time he spent on their questions and requests for photos and autographs.
On May 18, 2013 the Hazleton chapter held its annual golf outing at Sand Springs Golf Course, in support of the Chapter's Academic Award at Penn State Hazleton, with a full contingent on the links. Refreshments, golf, dinner and many door prizes (one for every player, plus tournament awards) rounded out the day. Please visit their website and this page for information on next year's outing!
- Insight/Outlook - Penn State Hazleton news magazine (PDFs).