Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

Registration Instructions

  • Meet with your advisor and plan your academic schedule.
  • Log on to eLion for web registration OR complete a registration form and present it to the Registrar’s Office in Administration Building, Room 8.
  • e-Bills will be available online at eLion.  On line payment options include eCheck (electronic check) and MasterCard or Discover.  Students can also print out a paper voucher to mail in with a check or money order.  Questions regarding your semester bill can be directed to the Hazleton Campus Bursar's Office at 570-450-3150.
  • The maximum number of credits you may schedule is 19. You may only schedule ONE Kinesiology course during regular registration.

Drop / Add Information

Students are strongly encouraged to have their course schedule finalized before the start of the semester. It is possible to make schedule changes after the semester begins. To do so, the student must be in registered status and must have all fees and any holds removed.

Students who are considering dropping/adding courses to their semester schedule should talk to their advisor. The process can then be completed on eLion or at the Registrar's Office in Administration Building, Room 8. Important semester calendar dates regarding:

  • Last day to register
  • Last day to regular drop/add
  • Last day to late drop

are available above in the Student Action Guide and Calendar section . There are limitations (Baccalaureate degree - 16 credits; Associate degree - 10 credits) on the number of credits you may late drop.  When you late drop a course, it is recorded on your transcript.  To add a course that is full, the instructor's signature is required and the request must be processed at the Registrar's Office, Administration Building, Room 8.  Dropping courses will likely reduce your ability to maintain normal progress and possibly delay graduation. If dropping a course leaves you with less than 12 credits, check with the Office of Student Aid in Administration Building, Room 222 as your financial aid may be affected.

Change of Location

Most students stay at the Hazleton Campus for four semesters. Your advisor will tell you when you should move to University Park or any other Penn State University location. Students who relocate to other campuses start with a change of assignment form available in Administration Building, Room 8.  All students who relocate to other Penn State University locations must also advance register according to the schedule published by that location.


Contact Information

Margaret Esopi
8 Administration Building
Phone: 570-450-3186
Email: mbe1@psu.edu